“Flood proof house” (NCL) is a Song Foundation community development project with the aim of building a safe and sustainable livelihood development for poor people in areas affected by natural disasters and gas changes.
By 2020, to build models of safe houses and sustainable livelihood development for all regions affected by natural disasters and floods throughout Vietnam so that poor families can proactively deal with natural disasters and rise in life.
>> Supporting poor families in areas affected by natural disasters and floods to build houses safely.
>> Developing sustainable livelihoods ensures three factors:
- Profitable (profitability)
- Can be cultivated / sustained (sustainability)
- Environment-friendly (environment – friendly)
Life is safe
Active role and efforts of the people
Have the hands of the whole community
Use innovative products to promote human values
- Applicable areas: QUANG NINH, HA TINH, QUANG NAM
- There are two types of foundation houses: low floor houses and high floor houses
- Application for residents on hillsides, near streams, water slots ..
- Areas of application: For low-lying areas of Ha Tinh (areas outside the dyke of La River, along Ngan Pho and Ngan Sau districts of Duc Tho, Vu Quang, Huong Son) and Quang Binh districts (Le Thuy, Bo Trach and Quang regions) Trach, Loc Thuy area along Kien Giang, Canh Hoa and Lien Trach rivers along Gianh and Son rivers)
- In the model, cut a piece of old house to build a guard house or build a new one depending on the conditions of the people. The roof of the tole is cool with iron braces against storms. Applicable to flood avoidance areas, local flood, flood level below 3m.
- Areas of application: low-lying areas of Son Thinh, Huong Son and some areas of Duc Tung (Duc Tho and Ha Tinh districts);
- For flooded areas with a depth of 2.8 – 3.2m of water, floods last from 7-15 days. Outside staircase for buffaloes, cows, goats and pigs … to avoid flooding in the section of the rear room or the landing of the stairs;
- In addition, this house also has a shelter to prevent floods for cattle. Can store straw, hay for cattle and easy to handle hygiene.
- Areas of application: For areas affected by storms more than floods such as areas of Dai Loc and Dien Ban (Quang Nam) with a flood level of only 1.5-2m
- In the model, a renovated tube house is added to create a new flood-proof stacker or completely new building depending on the conditions of the people. The roof of the tole is cool with iron braces against storms.
- Areas of application: For areas affected by storms more than floods such as areas of Dai Loc and Dien Ban (Quang Nam) with flood levels of only about 1.5-2m
- In the model, a 3-storey house is renovated to create a new flood-plain loft or completely new building depending on the conditions of the people. The roof of the tole is cool with iron braces against storms
- Areas of application: specific flooded areas in Tan Hoa, Quang Binh and Huong Khe, Ha Tinh valleys
- The depth of flood is from 4 – 14m
- Application: Tan Hoa, Quang Binh
3 EXCEPTIONAL HOUSE MODEL
- Areas of application: the flood area of Huong Khe – Ha Tinh
- The model of buoy houses attached to a house with a frame of buoy houses slid equally on 4 steel piles oriented in 4 corners, and also acts as the anchor point of the house frame.
- Floating buoy houses reach a height of more than 10m, ensure to exceed the 2010 flood peak. Floor 2 floor at the position of the frame of buoys with hollow design creates space for buoy buoy installation and is the anchor point of buoy house to the concrete frame below .
- Applicable location: An Thanh Nam (Cu Lao Dung, Soc Trang)
- The model was renovated from the resettlement area for the Khmer: putting the steel frame in, lifting the roof up, improving the foundation, making the loft to prevent the tide from rising, making the drainage system for the toilet. , proceeding to add a separate toilet.
- Parallel to launching and supporting people to make the program “Happy home garden” and to improve the drainage system, to build dykes to prevent high tide.