The plan to support residents in Quang Binh – Ha Tinh after floods (October 2016)
As of today, October 17, 2016, the water has begun to recede in flooded areas in Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, many relief groups have approached or been on their way to flooded areas to conduct emergency relief. Through learning about the flood situation in flooded areas that the Resilient Housing Program has supported, the Resilient Housing Program decided to focus on supporting activities including:
- Necessities for life right after the flood.
- Livelihood and permanent housing.
Below is the expected support plan developed by the Resilient Housing Program team on October 15. The plan is subject to change in the near future depending on the specific situation and needs of local people. The Resilient Housing Program will continue to update if there are any changes. With the support plan below, the Resilient Housing Program calls for your cash contribution for flexible use. Up to this point of time, the Resilient Housing Program would like not to receive in-kind support.
BASIC ACTION STEPS
- October 13-17: Collecting information from residents and authorities during flood season to understand the situation, basic damages and expected demands in the near future.
- October 15: Planning expected support for people in flooded areas and mobilizing community contributions.
- October 18-21: Carrying out a survey trip to the expected flooded areas to support, quickly assess the situation and adjust the support plan accordingly.
- After October 22: Starting to prepare and implement activities.
LOCATION & NUMBER OF SUPPORTED HOUSEHOLDS
Ha Tinh: Huong Khe district; 50 households in Quang Binh:
- Loc Thuy commune, Le Thuy district: 30 households
- Bo Trach district: 20 households
- Quang Trach district: 30 households
- Tan Hoa commune, Minh Hoa district: 100 households
SUPPORT ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
In addition to NECESSITIES and LIVELIHOODS, which will be immediately provided after the flood to support residents to rebuild their lives, the Resilient Housing Program will continue to conduct surveys to build houses for residents in Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, and Quang Nam provinces. Building houses is a regular activity of the Resilient Housing Program. It is expected that in 2017,the Resilient Housing Program will build 60 resilient houses and 50 floating houses in the above provinces. Thus, with the above plan and up to the present time, the total funding that the Resilient Housing Program needs for activities to support people in Ha Tinh and Quang Binh right after the flood is:
(Seven hundred nineteen million five hundred thousand)
The TIME of receiving support for this program is: October 14 – October 25, 2016.
HOW TO SUPPORT: Transfer to the project’s account:
- Account holder: Pham Thi Huong Giang.
- Account number: 0011000708653.
- SWIFT CODE: BFTVVNVX.
- Bank: Vietcombank, Hanoi Stock Exchange branch.
- Note: If you are donating specifically to the 10/2016 flood relief program, please leave the transfer text as [CUU TRO LU LUT].
Cash support at the office of the Resilient Housing Program
- In Saigon: 62 Vu Tong Phan, District 2.
- In Hanoi: 18 Le Truc, Ba Dinh.