We are Hiring | Director of Development & Communications
- Secure financial sustainability of the foundation by directing Social Fundraising, Team Capability Building, Corporate Partnership, Strategic Communications, Budgeting Management.
- Manage team of 4 Development Officers, 2 Program Communication Officers and 1 Senior PR Officer.
- Building fundraising capacity and partner network towards development goals, contributing to increase the Foundation’s reputation.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and Management to create a fund development plan to increase revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Implement the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles;
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved;
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund-raising processes are carried out in a timely manner;
- Fundraising efforts from the public sector (government, nonprofit and social funds) and the private sector (domestic and foreign companies and corporations), and from the community:
- Research, set goals and fundraising plans;
- Organize and coordinate the fundraising team to implement the plan to achieve the fundraising goal.
- Build and optimize the process flow and system of receiving, managing and reporting grants.
- Build and manage sponsorship databases.
- Sponsorship report management.
- Manage spending and budget allocation for fundraising activities.
- Consult with Project Leaders and Program Managers in appropriate budget planning.
- Coordinate with the Communications Department in proactively establishing and preventing reputational risks from fundraising collaborations.
- Coordinate with the Communications Department to plan and organize crowdfunding campaigns.
- Managing the portfolio of the foundation’s partners, leading the team to identify, build and develop relationships with partners:
- Actively establish and build domestic and foreign partner networks related to the Fund’s strategic plans.
- Consult the Program Managers and the Fund Management Board on potential cooperation opportunities and project development.
- Team capacity building:
- Plan training and skills development for the fundraising team and organize implementation to help members improve efficiency and performance.
B. Communications, Social Media, and Marketing
- Develop and implement an integrated, organization wide strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of and strengthen Sống & its programs and projects’ brand identity across key stakeholder audiences;
- Create a brand/marketing/public relations strategy that will allow Sống leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high level external audiences, including the media, legislators and other key influencers;
- Work with the board and staff to recognize internal and external communications; opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them;
- Maintain social media channels to populate social media and report quarterly evaluations on media outreach;
- Create newsletters, reports, and other communications to be delivered to constituents of the Sống Community; and
- Ability to manage website content using an approved platform;
- Design and distribute various media pieces for event programs and fundraising activities;
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization and the community.
- Assist with volunteer outreach and conduct volunteer-specific marketing as requested;
Other duties as assigned.
Skill & Work Experience
Sống is seeking an accomplished Director of Development & Communications who has at least five years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as website content, newsletters, and donor communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
● Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies;
● Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills;
● A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently;
● Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”;
● High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels;
● Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups,
● including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters;
● Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form and maintain positive work relationships;
● Strong ability to work efficiently and effectively, to multitask, and to handle last-minute changes in a fast-paced environment; and
● Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
Education & Technical skill
● A Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, online media, or related field required. A master degree is preferred,
● Knowledge of and experience with social media tools, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn,
● Proficient technological skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and various online tools,
● Solid photography and photo editing skills; video capture/editing skills preferred,
● Strong writing abilities, editing skills and eye for detail required,
● Analytical and creative mind that will aid in identifying and capitalizing upon opportunities for furthering the Sống’s mission and enhancing materials, events, and campaigns with marketing potential,
● Good eye for graphic design; ability to present and graphically depict ideas, information, and data.
- Transparency, Integrity, Honesty,
Yêu cầu khác
- Have a mindset of community development, not charity mindset,
- Willing to travel to the projects’ sites to supervise the project implementation.
JD in details: click here