Nha Chong Lu: Recruiting Project Manager (Deadline: Jan 30, 2020)
Project Manager – Nha Chong Lu (Resilient House)
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND
Nha Chong Lu is a primary project of Song Foundation, started since 2013. The project aims to help communities who are impacted or under high risk of natural disasters and climate change effects to rebuild, renew, and reinforce their housing & living conditions. At the end, we help improve their capability to live safe and sound through natural disaster impacts.
In 2019, the project has been implementing in Quang Binh, Quang Nam, Hau Giang, and Soc Trang.
Following its success in building resilient houses for communities impacted by natural disasters, in late 2017, Nha Chong Lu has started its pilot sub-project called Lang Hanh Phuc (Happy Village) in An Thanh Nam, Soc Trang, Southwest Vietnam. This sub-project has begun to expand to Nam Tra My and Bac Tra My Districts in Quang Nam, Central Vietnam in 2019. Lang Hanh Phuc has been implemented in parallel with the increase in the number of resilient houses across Vietnam by Nha Chong Lu.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To plan, coordinate, monitor and report the implementation of project activities to Foundation’s Board of Management, in order to achieve the goal, outcomes and outputs of NHA CHONG LU project.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
- Planning (Time spent: 20%)
- Developing plans of action at grassroot levels
- Ensuring the integration between the project and other internal teams
- Conducting community needs assessments including stakeholder analysis and situation analysis in collaboration with specialists and professionals
- Identifying potential stakeholders and resources for partnerships/ project implementation in the target locations
- Implementation of Project Activities, Monitoring and Reporting (Time spent: 60%)
- Meetings with volunteers, field staff and management board for reflection and case management review are organized monthly or when needed.
- Ensure appropriate expenditures/utilization of funds
- Partnership with appropriate stakeholders
- Project activities at the field level are monitored to ensure the project goal and outcomes are achieved
- Information about project activities is gathered and documented regularly.
- Project activities are implemented in integration with the other projects at the field
- Project reports are developed in good quality and delivered on time
- Follow strictly finance procedures and guidelines
- Capacity Building (Time spent: 10%)
- Volunteers and caseworkers are trained on facilitation and program skills.
- Work with consultants to provide capacity building for the team
- Documentation (Time spent: 10%)
- Contribution is made to project good practices, lessons learnt and other documentation upon request
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor social science or related fields
Knowledge & Skills:
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Community mobilization skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Commitment to development work
- Good time management, communications, and organizational skills;
- Can work under pressure
- Fair English, especially report writing and reading skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Willing to travel to the project’s sites
Experience: 3-4 years of relevant work experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email: firstname.lastname@example.org